Announcing Fortress Law Limited as a regulated law firm.
We at Fortress are very excited to announce the addition of Fortress Law Limited to the Fortress group of companies. Fortress Law Limited has recently been authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority of England and Wales to undertake reserved legal activities.
While the Fortress Law office is based in Paignton, Devon, it can provide legal services across the country.
With Fortress Law Limited now being part of the Fortress Group, we can provide additional services to all of our clients and their entities relating to private client work.
As part of our celebration of welcoming Fortress Law to the group, we would like to offer you a free review of your existing life planning arrangements if you quote the following reference FG17.
Mark Lister is a qualified solicitor who works at Fortress Law Limited and is prepared to give you a free review of your existing tax and estate planning arrangements. Mark has many years of experience specialising in Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Inheritance Tax Mitigation, Capital Gains Tax Planning and protecting assets for future generations.
The free review of your existing planning arrangements would cover some or all of the following areas, depending on your personal circumstances:-
• Making a Will – guaranteeing that your estate passes to your chosen beneficiaries and ensuring that your estates will qualify for the new additional residence nil rate band inheritance tax allowance introduced by the government on 6 April 2017.
• Lasting Powers of Attorney – appointing somebody to manage your financial affairs and/or to take decisions about your health and care should you lose mental or physical capacity
• Inheritance Tax and Estate Planning – reducing or mitigating the exposure of your estate to 40% inheritance tax by careful advanced planning.
• Capital Gains Tax Planning – how those with assets subject to capital gains might reduce or mitigate their exposure to Capital Gains Tax on a sale or transfer.
• Care Planning – How you might restructure your assets to protect them against the impact of care charges (an effective 100% charge on your estate), should you ever require long term care in the future.
You may have seen in the media that a new inheritance tax allowance known as the residence nil rate band has been introduced with effect from 6 April 2017. This allowance will give a single person up to an extra £175,000 of tax free allowance to offset against the value of your home in addition to the usual nil rate band of £325,000. For a married couple or civil partners, this additional allowance provides up to an extra £350,000 of tax free allowance in addition to the double nil rate band of £650,000. Due to certain criteria that must be satisfied to qualify for this additional allowance, it is imperative that all Wills signed before 6 April 2017 are reviewed to ensure that they meet this criteria.
If you would like a no obligation preliminary discussion regarding this free review service or want to learn more about Fortress Law then please contact Mark Lister of Fortress Law Limited on 01803 896820 or email email@example.com quoting FG17.
Alternatively, if you would prefer for us to make the introduction then please contact Edward Bennett and we would be happy to assist.
Times change and so do our personal circumstances. So why not take advantage of this opportunity?